The year is 2000, only two years after the Second Wizarding War.
School of Higher Witchcraft and Wizardry is a tertiary school set in the outskirt of Paris which is only visible to the wizarding world.
The school was founded in 103 B.C. by Madeline LeBlanc who named the school LeBlanc School of Magics. Up until the end of the Global Wizarding War in 1945, only rich pure blood students were allowed in the school. After the war was over, the LeBlanc family were removed from the School and the schools name changed to School of Higher Witchcraft and Wizardry. Although the school is still one of the most expensive universities to attend and the hardest to get accepted to, they are now open to all witches and wizards.