Post by AERON MICHAEL TOOLE on Jul 4, 2016 17:52:01 GMT -6
- Be nice and courteous to all of the other members. Treat everyone with respect.
- Use the same alias each time that you create a character. It is unfair and deceptive to create numerous identities to get around character limits.
- Do not god mod other people's characters, you can choose what your characters do, but you cannot decide what the outcome of that action is. Unless you get expressed permission by the writer of that character.
- Do not pressure people into plots, let them chose how their characters would react and what they wish to do.
- Swearing is acceptable, but do not go overboard. Some swearing here and there is acceptable, swearing every other line is not.
- Avatar dimensions are 230x400 px.
- The dimensions of the gif in the profile is 100x100 px.
- When creating your character, please use all capitals in the display name.
- All characters get 100 galleons of starting money to buy things from the bank with.
- You can have up to twenty (20) characters.
- Once that limit is reached, there will be an option to purchase more in the character bank.
- No Mary-sues or Gary-stus. They aren't fun. Everyone has flaws. Please be realistic when creating your characters.
- Activity checks will happen once a month. Within that time each of your characters must have posted in character at least twice.
- We reserve the right to reopen canon characters if they have not been posted on in the last two (2) weeks, due to their importance to the plot.
- This is done to free up face claims and inactive canons for active members.
- Absences that we have been notified about will be given an exemption from the check in most cases, but only once. If you are going away during the check, then you do not need to be concerned, but you then must check in during the next one unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you do get unsorted, we add all accounts that didn't pass to a list for three months before they get deleted to free up tags. To get sorted again, simply make one IC post and PM the link to all staff members so someone get sort you again. Make sure to include information like animagus forms, etc in the post since some things aren't preserved on the mini profile that would be necessary for the claims.
- In months where you've gotten a character reactivated, that character will need three (3) posts to pass the check as the post done to reactivate them will not count towards their two.
PROFESSORS & STUDENTS
- Professors must post a minimum of one lesson per school year. They are welcome to post more, but at least one is required.
- Lessons can be broken up into whatever groupings the professor thinks is best for the class as long as all years of schooling are covered. This can mean just one 1-7 class or several different groups.
- Students are encouraged to post in lessons, but it's not required. They're just a good way to get interaction going between characters and a fun chance to explore them academically.
- If graphics are not your own, you must credit them.
- Your signature can be no wider that 600px or taller than 300px.
- The avatar size is 230px by 400px and the gif in the profile is 100px by 100px. Images should automatically resize if they don't fit the exact dimensions. If you have any trouble, please PM AERON MICHAEL TOOLE and she will assist you.
- Minimal swearing in graphics is acceptable (such as in parts of song lyrics), but nothing too obscene or that is a significant focus of the graphic.
- Make sure that the images used are pg rated.
- For icons in the chatbox, gifs are allowed, but please be mindful of the amount of movement in them. Too much movement can be distracting/irritating for some members.
- Make sure that you centre any signatures, otherwise they overlap with the mini profile.